Today I wanted to grill something healthy and different on the grill. I decided to do some pineapple plank salmon on the BBQ. I also decided to glaze the salmon with a pineapple sauced topped with chopped pineapple. This is quite easy to do on the grill and very tasty.
• 1/2 cup finely chopped pineapple with its juice (about 4 ounces total)
• Finely grated zest and juice of 1 medium lime
• 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
• 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
• Pinch salt
• 2 6- to 8-ounce salmon fillets
• 2 large pineapple planks (two large piece of the pineapple peal to use as planks)
• VH Pineapple sauce
Cut large pineapple planks off a fresh pineapple. I use the pineapple peal as the planks;
Cutting the pineapple planks
The pineapple planks
Chopping pineapple in fine pieces
Place chop pineapple in bowl
Mix in the ingredients
Place salmon on the pineapple planks and coat the top of the fillet with VH Pineapple Sauce;
Coat fillet with the VH Pineapple Sauce
Sprinkle each fillet lightly with salt. Now top each fillet with the pineapple mixture, and ensure that the fillets are evenly coated with the pineapple mixture;
Grill for about 10 minutes per inch of thickness, until the fish is cooked through, but not dry and half-way through the cook sprinkle extra brown sugar on top of fillets.
Sprinkle brown sugar halfway through the cook
Serve and enjoy!
You can get Grillgrates here: Grillgrate store